If you fancy a chocolate strawberry cheesecake, you have come to the right place! These have a deep cookies and cream crust, a silky smooth chocolate cheesecake filling and a hidden strawberry middle. I like to make them as mini no bake chocolate cheesecakes, but this could easily be made as one larger no bake chocolate cheesecake too!
A magical duo
Strawberries and chocolate go together like mac and cheese or bangers and mash. They are made for each other and made to go together perfectly! And chocolate cheesecake… does it get any better than that?
I absolutely love making mini desserts. You just cannot beat the convenience of how mini desserts plate up into the perfect single portions. Add because this one is a mini cheesecakes no bake recipe, it is even easier to create something delicious in next to no time! Plus chocolate, what could be better?!
What ingredients do I need to make no bake chocolate strawberry cheesecake?
- Oreo biscuits: I love the deep chocolate flavour I get from these cookies and cream biscuits in the base. You could absolutely use digestive biscuits too, if you wish.
- Unsalted butter: this is melted before mixing with the biscuits, and helps bind the biscuit base. Gives a rich, beautiful base for this no bake chocolate strawberry cheesecake.
- Cream cheese: make sure to use a full fat cream cheese when making the filling for any no bake cheesecake recipe, as this is part of what helps the filling set firmly.
- Condensed milk: provides sweetness and a wonderful silkiness to the no bake chocolate cheesecake. I love this stuff, I could just eat it with a spoon!
- Dark chocolate: gives a wonderful chocolatey richness to the cheesecake filling, that is just to die for! I have only tried making this cheesecake using dark chocolate.
- Strawberries: the (hidden!) star of the show! Use smaller strawberries or cut larger ones to size and enjoy the off cuts as perks of the chef.
What equipment do I need to make mini no bake strawberry chocolate cheesecakes?
- Digital kitchen scales*: I always recommend using digital kitchen scales to weigh ingredients out over using a volume based measuring system, as cups. Weighing out the ingredients is much more accurate than measuring by volume. It will ensure better results in your dessert, so I would definitely take the plunge if you have not already.
- Measuring spoons*: for measuring smaller quantities such as tablespoons (tbsp) and teaspoons (tsp), a set of dedicated measuring spoons is a must! These are far more accurate than everyday eating spoons, and are really easy to get hold of too.
- Food processor*: a quick way to make the biscuit base. If you do not have a food processor, you can place the biscuits into a sealable freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin instead. The latter is very therapeutic!
- Loose-bottomed mini cakes tin*: I love this tin! It means I can make mini cheesecakes, cakes and pies without needing to use cupcake tins and liners. So easy to release and gives lovely straight sides for these mini strawberry chocolate no bake cheesecakes.
- Mixing bowl*: to mix together the ingredients for the chocolate cheesecake filling.
- Electric hand mixer*: whilst you can beat the filling by hand using a handheld whisk, this handy tool makes it all a whole lot easier.
- Spatula*: for scraping the bowl down as you make the no bake chocolate cheesecake filling and to help transfer the mixture to the piping bag.
- Piping bag*: filled with deliciously smooth chocolate cheesecake before piping over the hidden strawberry middle. You can fill the tin with a spoon, but using a piping bag makes it much quicker, neater and easier to do.
How to make mini chocolate strawberry cheesecake
These adorable mini cheesecakes could not be easier to make! First, make the biscuit base, then make the cheesecake filling. Place a cut strawberry on the base, then fill around it with the cheesecake filling before chilling to set. Simple as that!
Step 1: First, make the biscuit base for the mini cheesecakes. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor or bash with a rolling pin in a sealable freezer bag. Mix together with the melted butter then press evenly into the tin. Pop the tin in the fridge whilst making the no bake cheesecake filling.
Step 2: Whist the bases are chilling, make the cheesecake filling. Melt the chocolate until silky smooth and completely melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
Step 3: In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk until completely mixed. Spoon a good couple of spoonfuls of the mixture into the cooled chocolate and mix until smooth. Once smooth, add this chocolate mixture to the remaining cream cheese mix and beat again until completely combined and smooth. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside.
Step 4: Cut the top of the strawberries so that when within the cheesecake, they are not taller than the height of the final cheesecake. Dry the cut side of each strawberry, then place cut side down on the chilled biscuit base.
Step 5: Pipe the chocolate cheesecake mixture around the base of each strawberry, being careful not to move the fruit as you do so. Pipe enough mixture to cover the strawberry. Use a knife to gently smooth over the top of each mini cheesecake. Chill to set, ideally overnight.
Step 6: Once chilled, prepare the sliced strawberry decoration. Simply cut each strawberry in slices, all in the same direction, but not quite all the way through. Spread the slices slightly to create a strawberry fan, then set them aside.
Step 7: Unmould each cheesecake and place on a plate. Top with a strawberry fan and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Can I make these without a special tin?
Yes of course! If you have not got a loose bottomed mini cakes tin as I have, you can use a cupcake or muffin tin to make mini no bake strawberry chocolate cheesecakes too. You will need to use cupcake or muffin cases, to make it easier to remove the finished mini cheesecakes from the tin. They will also need to be frozen to set, then removed from the cases when frozen. This is a very soft cheesecake, so is likely to stick to the paper cases, hence freezing will help release a little more easily.
Why is my mini no bake chocolate strawberry cheesecake runny?
There are a couple of things that could have gone wrong here. First, the cream cheese may have been overmixed. If this was the case, the cream cheese mixture would have looked like it split before you piped it into the tin. This is a naturally much softer cheesecake than a traditional no bake cheesecake made with double cream, so it will appear softer than you expect.
Can I make this into one larger cheesecake?
Absolutely! I would use a 6″ loose bottomed tin if you wish to make one large strawberry chocolate cheesecake instead of individual mini cheesecakes.
How long does this chocolate and strawberry no bake cheesecake take to set?
Thanks to their smaller size, these mini strawberry cheesecake chocolate should set quicker than their full sized cousins. However, I would still recommend leaving them to set for at least 4-5 hours before you dig in. The ideal would be overnight, just remember: good things come to those who wait!
Does no bake cheesecake have eggs?
There are no eggs in this hidden strawberry and chocolate cheesecake recipe. If there were eggs in the cheesecake, you would need to bake it to allow the filling to set.
How long does no bake cheesecake last?
These cheesecake covered strawberries can be made a day or two before serving and will keep well in the fridge or freezer for up to two days before being enjoyed.
Should this mini strawberry and chocolate cheesecake be refrigerated?
Yes, it should be kept in the fridge due to the cream cheese used to make the cheesecake.
Additional tips for this chocolate strawberry cheesecake recipe
- Bring chilled ingredients to room temperature before making this recipe. This is especially important with cream cheese, to ensure you have a silky smooth chocolate cheesecake filling at the end!
- You can swap out the Oreo biscuits in the base for digestives if you wish. I love the additional rich chocolate flavour from Oreos, so this is my recommendation.
- When mixing together the cream cheese and condensed milk, first loosen the cream cheese with a spatula. Cream cheese can be temperamental, so softening before mixing with other ingredients will help keep everyone happy!
- Add a couple of generous spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture to the melted chocolate and beat through before mixing them both together. This helps the chocolate mix thoroughly with the cream cheese and not seize up and form smaller chocolate chunks in the cheesecake.
- Pat the strawberries dry, both on the outside and on the cut side, before using them. Any additional moisture from the fruit will leak into the cheesecake and just create an oozy mess. Best avoid that one!
- You could try substituting strawberries for another fruit in these mini chocolate cheesecakes. Raspberries would work especially well, as would blueberries or a mix of all three! Be careful not to overload the middle with fruit however, or the cheesecake will not be able to hold together very well.
If you have any questions about this chocolate and strawberry cheesecakes, please comment below and I will do my best to help. And do remember: if you enjoy this mini cheesecake recipe, please leave a rating and review below. You could even post a picture on Instagram and tag me when you share it with the world. You already know I would love to see!
More recipes from my blog for you to enjoy
Mini no bake strawberry cheesecakes: These cheesecakes have a crunchy biscuit base and a smooth creamy vanilla cheesecake filling, all finished with a homemade strawberry topping. These showstopping desserts are the perfect end to a meal with friends, and are sure to delight!
Mini Victoria sponge cakes: These mini sponge cakes are a total winner every time! Light and fluffy vanilla mini cakes sandwiched with beautiful strawberry jam and delicious vanilla buttercream. They are so simple, but these Victoria sponge cup cakes are always enjoyed by everyone!
Mini key lime pies (eggless): Irresistible individual buttery biscuit bases topped with a luscious creamy tangy and sweet key lime filling. Pipe with some softly whipped cream and a little lime zest and you have a perfect single serve summertime dessert!
Thanks for joining me today, my friends. Hope you and your dearest enjoy the deliciousness of these beautiful creations! x